Return to Chloe's Chic Boutique

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Chablis

I have introduced Chloe here, so thought it was time that I introduce her kitty brother Chablis.
He is a flame point himilayan.
Chablis is from one of the litters of kittens that my daughters cat had. I always told her that if they ever had a flame point I wanted it! I don't know if flame points are rare, but even though the daddy (Milo) of the litters was a flame point... none of the kittens ever were. They had four or five litters and all of the kittens looked like their mama - a blue point.
Eventually one of Milos daughters gave birth to Chablis... the one time we were not expecting to see a flame point... there he was!
My daughter brought him to live with me when he was about seven weeks old. He had begun to eat a bit on his own and wasn't nursing so much anymore, and also her husband was beginning to grow quite fond of him, so she figured that I had patiently waited through all of those litters...and if she didn't bring him to me soon, her husband might decide to keep him! My daughter surprised me one afternoon and brought him over in a crate. As soon as I opened the little door to let him out.... in went Chloe to greet him!
Even though I had an older female cat at the time Chablis took to Chloe. He followed her everywhere, tried to nurse on her, and often fell asleep with his head on her back.
They were so sweet together!

When someone comes to my door Chloe is running to the door barking, and Chablis is right behind her "barking" too in his little meowing voice! It is the funniest thing!!

He looks a bit grumpy in this picture, but actually he is a happy little fellow, and sweet as can be!


5 comments:

Ruth Welter said...

Ow Diana, Chablis is absolutely gorgeous. I can kind of see Chloe and Chablis running to the door to "bark". That must be so cute.

Natasha Burns said...

Chablis is such a beautiful cat! I too can see the two of them running barking at the door!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful kitty Chablis is!! He looks so fluffy & cuddly soft...perfect!

Jenny Froh said...

What a beauty!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Chablis is gorgeous! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. You've got some beautiful things here!